Are you a Warrior? See the list below for the physical benefits of holding a posture like Warrior I:
- Strengthens your shoulders, arms, legs, ankles and back.
- Opens yours hips, chest and lungs.
- Improves focus, balance and stability.
- Encourages good circulation and respiration.
- Stretches your arms, legs, shoulders, neck, belly, groins and ankles.
- Energizes the entire body.
But now lets determine if you are a Spiritual Warrior?
THEN YOU ARE A SPIRITUAL WARRIOR- and this is why we continue to do the work of Warrior I Asana (Posture)because even more important than the physical benefits listed above are the emotional benefits:
- Function sometimes on little to no fuel in the body
- Support friends and family even when you yourself do not feel supported
- Give smiles and encouragement when really you'd love one in return
- Work hard even when your exhausted
- Survive injuries and Disease and continue to Battle on
- Cry sometimes when you hope no one is there to see you, only because you do not want to have to explain why?
1)Lift the pelvic floor: root chakra- to feel grounded and to believe you are where you are intended to be
2)Plug the hips in: sacral chakra- to own that we are loved, and know that our greatest strength comes from self love
3)Engage the abdominals up: solar chakra- igniting the fire within ourselves- and believing in our energies
4)Draw the shoulder blades down and in: Heart Chakra- opening the heart- to love and acknowledge we are lovable
5)Lift the face to the rising sun: Throat Chakra- honoring that we speak our truth, and know that the words we use are powerful tools
6)Gaze upward: Third Eye Chakra- bringing the energy to our center of intuition, using it as our guide for self confidence and self love
7)Inhale from deep in the belly to the top of our head- Crown Chakra- Wisdom, building the strength of a Spiritual Warrior